Test Footer

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

READ IT, IT IS HERE....FINALLY!!

The hardest time to say something is when you have so much you want to say, but don’t know where to begin. It’s 11.40pm. The date is Monday, December 27, 2010. I have just finished my usual junk food dinner and I have my glassful of Dr Pepper next to my computer. For many days I have been in this same situation yet nothing has materialized. However, now I am out of excuses as to why I should put away writing this first article. I have no option, but to let my electronic pen bleed on this electronic paper…

On the 2nd of December 2010, I left Cape Town to pursue a dream - more like a fantasy, that I had had ever since teenage hood. Over the years, this burning desire has been fueled by different raison d'êtres. At one point it was academic ambition, at another point it was romance. Later on, the motivation was to see the country and what it has to offer in terms of my future. More recently, with a new found love for travel, the drive to pursue the dream was merely just to see the country, no strings attached. However, by the time I left South Africa, all the above factors played a part in my finally putting my foot down and actually living that dream…

So, I would like to welcome you to my blog, an attempt to chronicle my time in the United States of America. I will be writing on an array of topics ranging from my life in this country and how I perceive life in this country to be, a comparison of South Africa/Zimbabwe and USA (the countries that I have lived in), my travels within the USA and many other topics. Please be advised that any views posted on this blog will based on what I would have experienced, mostly first hand, but will in no way be conclusive as I am only going to be in this huge country for a meager 3 months…

I hope that you will find this blog informative and will answer some of the questions that most people have been asking me about my trip. Feel free to send me any questions or topics that you would like me to write on. Being an engineer in training, my creativity in the writing department is very limited. So enjoy the blog. Next post will be up soon. Will try and write regularly so that I keep you all up to speed…


14 comments:

The writing is good so keep it up, So how are you finding the people there as compared to here in SA or Zim. Are they welcoming ?

I can't wait to read more! I'm so interested to see how you will compare the many places you have experienced.

whoop whop go thembie.. am totally bookmarking you...

Will you be traveling within Florida only, or are u planning to visit other states?? In any case, make sure u have a blast hey!! Make it a memorable adventure.

Impressive intro.here's ia lil question. Is the recession bite as deep as they saying there? And are u bumping into as many zimbo's as in s.a. Or. Any s.a. People if not africans by birth and not decent :)

Dude impressive writing. Can't wait for post number two.

4 days n counting...good stuff...i will tell 50 to read this that he can improve his grammar,

good use of the queens language, now i want the juicy bits! dude u are in Florida and u didn mention the women?! wth?!ey someone had to say it!

Hmm but between u and me, did you not at any point use a thesaurus co ndatombobata dictionary kainini lolest cant wait to read the next one

Wow there buddy, and English hanzi rega ndiyite on point. YAY, now you got your readers hooked on the trailer, give us the rest buddy... *excited face*

Oh my goodness... I want to cry I am just so overcome with emotions. Thembie my dear big brother you are turning me into such a girl. Before I forget: what a wonderful piece of writing! Who edited it for you? Hahaha.

I am so proud of you, really I am. You inspire me in more ways than you know. You are the best big brother a girl could ask for. **Note: this honorary title is only valid if the above honored brings home a lovely gift for me.

You know my questions are endless so I will not torture you with a list of topics and questions. I will simply wait 3 months for you to get back home. Oh I hope I am that patient - for your sake.

Do not forget to take lots of pictures. Please do not forget anything at all (seeing as you have a slight tendency to forget everything).

Okay, before my comment turns into a blog, let me just say: have a splendid time in America but hurry home; I miss you.

Love

Ruru

P.S. I do have one request... Please blog about Boston. ;-D

Great start. but...MORE FREQUENT UPDATES!!

i really am interested to know what u think about ur time here!

<3

Hello! By the way, I'm a friend of your brother Bongani. He and I spent many a night exploring the south beach way of life and trying to "find our way" so to speak, in the interesting world that is South Florida. Your blog is hilarious! Nice job. You're so right about the fast food, Taco Bell is definitely not Mexican, and KFC is crap! You have to travel to other parts of the country for awesome fast food such as In and Out burger in California. Im surprised you didn't like Pollo Tropical. Being Latino myself, I found their food to be quite comforting. Anyway, you seem to have had a beautiful experience defined by lots of adventure. The U.S is an immense country with unparalleled beauty and experiences to be had. Take care and check my blog in the making out when you have the chance. Safe Travels...

Post a Comment

Sample Text

Sample text

Social Icons

Labels

Pages

Labels

Labels

Ads 468x60px

Featured Posts Coolbthemes