Test Footer

Saturday, June 25, 2011

So, Why China?



It’s interesting how a lot of people have been asking me why I chose to go to China yet when I traveled to the USA everyone had theories as to why I had made that trip. Well, I waited to hear what kind of conspiracies people would come up with this time since I had no connection to China whatsoever prior to this trip. The most common one was that I was coming out here to hustle and look to expand my business. Obviously untrue, I still have no idea what business it is exactly that I am accused of being in. Oh well; this is nothing new in the life of Juan-Thembie.



Truth be told, I am in China because I am on an intensive summer camp for my Mandarin class. As some of you might already know, I was taking Mandarin as an elective during the first semester. Our professor so happened to arrange a summer camp for the class where we would spend 10 days of intensive mandarin classes at San Yat Sen University in Guangzhou. This would also serve as a platform for us to practice our Mandarin and learn about the Chinese culture first hand. After the first 10 days, we will be spending another 10 days traveling across China, visiting several cultural and historical sites. It is as a result of this arrangement that I have found myself in this magnificent country.



I actually was never excited about coming to China and even for the first few days I was out here, my roommate and I had to remind each other ever few hours that we were actually in China. Like Hellen said, “who goes to China dude???” This isn’t exactly the best tourist destination in the world and there aren’t many good things said about China besides that their economy is doing great. Unfortunately, the economics didn’t excite me that much. However, 13 days into the trip, I can safely tell you that this has been one hell of an experience. I’m glad I took the chance to come out here. It’s truly unbelievable!



Although I might have claimed that wasn’t out here to hustle, a man of my caliber cannot help but think of starting some serious hustling after traveling to China. But I guess that’s a story for another post…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sample Text

Sample text

Social Icons

Labels

Pages

Labels

Labels

Ads 468x60px

Featured Posts Coolbthemes